Monday, July 25, 2011

Book Review: "One Day"


Last Monday I picked up a couple books from my local bookstore. I really had no idea of what I wanted when I walked in but this is one that I ended up coming out with. It is called "One Day" by David Nichols. I had NO idea that it was made into a movie as well, which actually comes out in August!  I will DEFINITELY be going to see it because I LOVED this book! I got it on Monday and finished reading it Wednesday. It is a quick read that you will not want to put down. I felt very much a part of the story and I feel like I could relate somehow. Here is a little synopsis of the storyline!

Basically, the story is about one girl, Emma, and a boy, Dexter, who go in and out of each others life constantly. They meet on July 15 the day they graduate from college and instantly are captivated by one another. The book goes year by year in each chapter on exactly July 15th of the following year. This gives you a glimpse into each of their lives and where they stand relationship wise. Emma and Dexter are complete opposites but always seem to gravitate towards one another even after not seeing each other for years. Dexter is the crazier of the two and Emma is the one who knows how to settle things down. The book goes through 20 years of their lives and ends just as quickly as it started.

Once again, I loved this book and would read it again. I'm really excited to see the movie as well! If you like love stories then you just have to read this. Let me know what you think of it if you do or if you've already read it! I'd love to see what other people think too!


Here is the movie trailer as well! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! I just put it on hold at my library to get on CD for my upcoming road trip! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds really good! I think I'll add it to my list too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!