Saturday, July 30, 2011

GUEST POST: Guess How Much I Love You

Okay everyone I am SO excited to be introducing my first guest blogger EVER! The lovely Sarah from Guess How Much I Love You was the first to volunteer to post here! She is such a sweetie and I LOVE her blog! I've been following her blog for awhile and feel like we could totally be best friends. I hope yall love her as much I do and go check out her blog! Happy Saturday!

Hi Everyone, I'm Sarah, and over at my blog, Guess How Much I Love You, I generally post on my happenings in the Midwest, namely Ohio. Today, Meg asked me to post on Captivated about the differences, yet great things about the Midwest and the South, her playground. 


First, America's Heartland:


The Midwest has tons of monuments, museums, and excellent travel sites. One of my favorites is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s a music lovers dream destination. Seeing all of the costumes and original manuscripts are my favorite parts. Some other great places to check out are the Great Lakes and Mount Rushmore.

via.

How about some deep dish Chicago pizza? Thought that sounded good!


When I first think of the Midwest, I think of corn. That’s probably strange, but during the summer, it’s everywhere! I love the food in the Midwest most of all, it’s where most of our country’s food is grown, so there are tons of farmer’s markets.


To me, this outfit screams Midwest. It’s comfortable, yet pulled together, and everyone loves boots here. A jacket is always a good idea because the weather is probably due to change throughout the day.


As we head down to Dixieland on our tour, take note of the Appalachian Trail, Smokey Mountains, and other National Parks along the way.




Sweet tea and the American South – They go together like, well, sweet tea and the American South. All of my friends from the Carolinas and Georgia can’t get enough of it, and they’re very picky about the kind they’ll drink. They say, “It’s not sweet tea unless your teeth hurt.” They also really like grits. I’ve got to learn how to make that right.


One of my favorite places in the South is New Orleans, LA, and I love jambalaya and Cajun food. To me, the South is full of color, flavor, and rhythm – in the food and the people. I love that sass and charm, especially the y’all (we don’t get enough of that up North).


 I love this look and how it reminds me of the South – Sweet and spicy at the same time. I’m sure that just about every girl has a set of pearls and boots, even if she doesn’t live in the South. Up North, I find that girls don’t wear as many colors, and the Southern girls always look vibrant.

Hope you enjoyed my post as much as I enjoyed writing it!






2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am originally from Ohio, and when I think of the NW i think of corn too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love meeting new bloggers through features and guests posts on other blogs. Such a great way to build a little blogger community! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie (Big Mario Life)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!