Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I am officially a poor college kid.

I'm back in blog world! Forgive me for the lack of post's lately!

This will be a very random post, surprise surprise. I have so much on my mind and so much going on! Today was a nice and productive day! I did job searching and even had a little mini-interview! I also helped a friend paint her RED wall white again! But I have exciting news! I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW TOMORROW MORNING! I know yall can't be very excited, but I am thrilled! It is at a vet clinic so it is just what I have been looking for! So I'd love it if yall threw a few prayers my way! I need a job so badly. Really. I am officially at "poor college kid" status. My cable was shut off today due to my lack of payment. Depressing right? But I hopefully will figure that out soon. I'm considering getting rid of my cable and just doing netflix? Does any of yall do that? I've heard good things about it and its only 8 bucks a month. 8 is AMAZING compared to 80. 

But anyways, hopefully I will have a job soon! I've done a few paintings lately and have put them on my etsy shop hoping I sell SOMETHING! I'd love it if yall took a look around my shop! It's small but its worth a look! Here it is!!

On another note, this past weekend was my last weekend at home for awhile. It was really good to be able to spend so much time with my friends and family! On Saturday we went to a place we had heard of called the cliffs. It was a huge pond thing that had big cliffs (highest was 50 ft) that you could jump off of! For east Texans, this is pretty amazing. It was a lot of fun and yes I did make the jump! It hurt but was really exhilarating! 
Here is the big cliff!

This was the smaller of the two ponds


Looks fun right? Oh it was! I also got to have a potluck dinner with all of MELK! That was so much fun and we all had the boyfriends/husband. It has probably been almost a year since all of MELK was together at the same time so we all really enjoyed it. They are amazing and it is always like we never got separated when we are together again! I hope yall have some friends like that, because it truely is a huge blessing. I also got to see K's little baby Remington again! He is an adorable little boy.

MELK in order!

Little Remi!

MELK is in love!

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post. I have also been looking for a job pretty badly. and I had an interview this morning which I was excited about and surprisingly not so nervous about. And I got the job which is exciting. But i know the feeling of wanting, and waiting for a job.
    I hope you get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good weekend. I don't know if I would have jumped - good job! You can for sure survive w/out cable. Check and see if your library has free DVDs. Mine does in WI, but didn't in TN. Then you can borrow movies and tv shows for free! And request them all online and then they email you when available. A great (potentially free) system. If not, then netflix may be the way to go, although I've heard they are separating steaming from dvds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Fingers crossed! (And those cliffs are SO cool!)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!