Thursday, April 7, 2011

5 years

Today marks 5 years since my boyfriend Ryan asked me to be his girlfriend and go to his senior prom all at the same time. I remember it perfectly!

WARNING: Extremely mushy post.

We were sitting in the stands of my high school football field one night after a date just talking, trying to avoid taking me home. I was so nervous because I was convinced that he didn't like me that way, though he had already held my hand. Ryan was a senior and I was a sophomore in high school so that of course made me ten times as nervous! I knew him through my church, since we both went to different high schools. To me he was kind of that older guy you see that you never really think you'd have a chance with and get extremely excited when they acknowledge you.  So when he asked me to be his GIRLFRIEND I was over the moon!

Ryan went to a community college for 2 years while I finished out high school. Then he went to Baylor, the school I was originally planning on going to, and I went off to Blinn, 2 hours away from him. I transferred from Blinn to UNT while he was still at Baylor. He just recently graduated from Baylor and moved back to our hometown where he has a full time job at a Bank there. So now we are 3 hours away from each other. Distance is definitely hard but I know a lot of people have it a lot worse.

Ryan and I have had our fair share of problems and break-ups but they truly have just made us stronger. I used to be a borderline commitment phobe, so that hasn't always been beneficial to the relationship. However, now we really are so different then we've been in the past. I no longer consider myself a commitment phobe and honestly can't picture myself with anyone but him. Ryan brings out the best in me and makes me feel like I truly am special. I know Ryan is the man that God wants me to be with. I remember praying 5 years ago before Ryan even asked me, that I wanted God to tell me if Ryan was a good idea or not. Not because there was anything wrong with him, I just wanted to make sure I was following God's will and not my own. Obviously, I got the positive response.

Ryan is without a doubt my best friend and I hope I have another amazing 5 years with him! He is my knight in shining armor, cheesy but true! He HAS to be amazing to put up with me for these 5 past years! I thank him so much for always believing in me and believing in US, especially when I didn't! I'm so lucky to have a man of God like him in my life.. now for pictures!


Ryan's Senior Prom

My Senior Prom

Our first Zoo trip (we make them all the time)

A Six Flags trip
At the Grand Canyon

at my old family farm
When Paisley was small

At the meteor crater in Arizona

At home
We painted together, at the same time. Turned out to be crazy & random but FUN!
Ryan's baylor graduation
family farm

8 comments:

  1. You two are adorable together!! What a sweet story!

    Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet indeed! You have me beat by a year! Aaron and I were a long distance relationship (B.C.-Ohio) and we realize that communication is so important! We, like you guys, had our share of break-ups and disagreements... But I will tell you something, out of all my friends that got married the same year Aaron and I did, we had a dynamics they still had to work through because of our long time courtship, and also because of ALL the lessons we learned along the way!
    I never needed God so close to lead and guide me, He is an Ever Present Help in a time of Need! :) May God bless you with the desires of your Heart Miss Megan! The distance wont be there forever!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! :) & Thank you Lindsey for those words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meg? Enjoyed reading this post :)

    5 years is a long time. My man and i will hit 3 years this June. I can't wait!!!!

    Newest follower alert! How could I not follow this awesomenes??? LOL. I'm the gold button :)

    Follow me too?

    www.single-unsingle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for following me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog. It is so clean, and the pictures are great! Also, nice to see a lady who loves the Lord and shows it. Take care!

    http://kinder-words.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaaw this is the cutest thing ever!
    5 years! AWESOME!
    My boyfriend and I reach 3 years in like 8 days.. eek.
    And I can totally relate with the distance.. we are a whole 12 hours apart, so you were right when you said some people have it worse. :(

    I'm happy for the 2 of you... it's amazing to read/see a love like this. A strong one, made from God. awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to comment!